Sunday, August 12, 2012

If I were a Star Wars: The Clone Wars Writer: "Raiding Party"


How many times have you watched a TV show or movie and groaned, thinking to yourself, "who comes up with this junk?"  If you are anything like me, the answer is probably a lot.

I am a child of the '80s, along with the bad fashion sense this puts me squarely in the middle of the explosion in cable television and home video.  With the evolution of home video and cable came the ability to consume more and more varied entertainment.  I have watched probably way more television and movies than is healthy for a single human being (I am sure my Mom agrees), but until recently I  had never had the bug to try to write something for the TV or film format.

While I have always enjoyed writing in different styles and formats, most of my writing have not been what could be termed as creative writing.  A natural evolution of a story telling consumer is the desire to tweak existing or tell new stories.  

In the past year I have started listening to a podcast, The Nerdist's Writers Panel hosted by Ben Blacker (@BenBlacker). This podcast in particular has sparked an interest in screenwriting, not because I expect to become a Hollywood writer, but because I believe if I can improve my writing in an unfamiliar style/format it will improve all of my writing.  

But enough about that, if you have kept reading this long you want to hear about my story.  

Below you will find in PDF format the revised draft of a Clone Wars script starring Ahsoka Tano.  The script focuses on Ahsoka's efforts to thwart a Separatist attack on the Corellian Engineering Corporation's Orbital ship yards.  I tried to weave in some EU and skirt some continuity issues.  In the end I was going for something that had the feel of Die Hard in space.  

I hope you enjoy and I welcome all and any criticism, critiques or suggestions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment