Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Star Wars Want: Blu-ray Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars Series


There is a gap in my Star Wars Blu-ray collection that is just screaming to be filled.  We have Blu-ray releases for the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, the Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace special, and each season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, yet one of the most recent Star Wars video releases has yet to get the Blu-ray treatment.

Genndy Tartakovsky's micro-series premiered on the Cartoon Network in 2003 and subsequently saw a two-volume DVD release in 2005.

Currently these DVD's retail on Amazon.com for $38.02 for Volume 1 and $45.94 for Volume.

Transitioning this series to a single Blu-ray disc release simply makes to much sense to be ignored and seems like a simple way to make a few bucks for Lucasfilm.

Volume 1 contains 20 3-minute episodes and has a run time of 69 minutes, while Volume 2 contains 5 12-minute episodes and has a run time of 64 minutes.

I can understand not wanting to confuse kids and parents regarding the current Clone Wars series, but fans should be able to purchase this series without having to go the "used" copy route.

I am sure that many of my fellow fanboys and fangirls would agree, can we have the Tartakovsky series in Blu-ray? Pretty please?

4 comments:

  1. Although I normally don't buy movies or TV shows, having this would be a lot easier than searching the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I can't even find volume 2 in region 4 (Australia) online anywhere! It is ridiculous... If anyone knows where I can buy a region 4 copy of volume 2 please email me at yiannicart@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely! And anyway volume 1 is meant to go with the esisting clone wars Tv show as the prequel to it so why not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I held off buying the DVD because I was waiting for a two-pack that never came.

    Blu-Ray. Let's make it happen, people.

    ReplyDelete