Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Star Wars: Essential Readers Companion Cover and my musings

Bonnie Burton does yoewomans' work over at the StarWars.com Official Star Wars Blog and today she gave us an update on one the new wave of Essential Guides coming out this year.  On August 21, 2012 Random House will release Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion by author Pablo Hidalgo (@infinata) and artists Chris Trevas (@christrevas) and Jeff Carlisle (@JeffCarlisle)

StarWars.com posted the cover art:


For EU readers this is a must have book.  It will cover the entire line of Star Wars fiction writing, from the young reader books to the novels.  I can easily say that this is my most highly anticipated Essential Guide.  Readers of this site will know that I am a huge dork for the Star Wars novels.  I can't wait to dig into this book.

Star Wars.com poses the question if you can spot the Star Wars covers within the Reader Companion's cover that was brilliantly designed by Scott Biel and painted by Paul Youll.

Starting from Left to Right:  I see Darth Plagueis by James Luceno, Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker by George Lucas (Ghost written by Alan Dean Foster), Young Jedi Knights: Heirs to the Force by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta, a New Jedi Order novel, I think it's The Unifying Force but I can't tell, a yellow cover that I think is K.W. Jeter's The Bounty Hunter Wars #1: The Mandalorian Armor, and below Jeff's name X-Wing: Rogue Squadron by Mike Stackpole.

Am I right?  Did I miss any?

SOURCE: Star Wars Blog

1 comment: